Homeowner Assistance Fund
If you are at risk of foreclosure or are having difficulty paying your home mortgage, utilities, home insurance or property taxes, contact AHEAD for free housing counseling services.
Or, call 2-1-1 for housing counseling guidance; this is a free service offered by Granite United Way.
If you are at risk of foreclosure or are having difficulty paying your home mortgage, utilities, home insurance or property taxes, use this website to explore your options and contact organizations that can provide trusted help.
For eligible New Hampshire homeowners who have been financially impacted during the COVID-19 pandemic, the NH Homeowner Assistance Fund program provides financial assistance to those who cannot pay their home mortgage, property taxes, utility bills, home insurance, or other housing costs.
It is a federally funded program through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). It is administered by New Hampshire Housing.
Eligible homeowners must:
- Have experienced a COVID-related reduction in income or increase in household expense after January 21, 2020
- Own and occupy the property as their primary residence
- Have incomes of less than 125% of their Area Median Income
The program offers three types of assistance:
- Mortgage Loan Reinstatement – maximum benefit $20,000*
- Property Charges Default Resolution – maximum benefit $20,000*
- Utility/Internet Payment Assistance – maximum benefit $3,000*
*Maximum total assistance per property is $20,000