Are you behind in paying your mortgage, property charges, and/or utility payments? The Homeowner Assistance Fund provides assistance to eligible homeowners who have experienced a financial hardship during the COVID pandemic.
Help for Homeowners
The Homeowner Assistance Fund provides financial assistance for New Hampshire homeowners who cannot pay their home mortgage, utilities, home insurance, association fees, and/or property taxes during the pandemic. The program is expected to be available through at least 2022.
NH Homeowner Assistance Fund is a federally funded homeowner assistance program through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and the Governor’s Office for Emergency Relief and Recovery (GOFERR). It is administered by New Hampshire Housing.
New Hampshire Housing has contracted with a full-service vendor, Speridian Technologies, LLC, along with their sub-contracted case management vendor, Tidal Basin Group. RCL Consulting is coordinating the on-boarding process for mortgage servicers. Correspondence from these entities can be trusted and will be sent to you on behalf of the NH HAF program.
Eligible homeowners must:
- Have experienced a COVID related reduction in income or increase in household expense after January 21, 2020.
- Own and occupy the property as their primary residence.
- Have incomes of less than 125% of Area Median Income.
NH Homeowner Assistance Fund provides financial assistance for past due bills only. No forward assistance is currently available.
Homeowner Assistance Fund covers:
- Mortgage Loan Reinstatement - maximum benefit $20,000*
- Property Charges Default Resolution - maximum benefit $20,000*
- Utility/Internet Payment Assistance - maximum benefit $3,000*
- If you apply for assistance with past-due mortgage payments, completing loss mitigation will be required.
- Loss mitigation is a borrower's request to their loan servicer for mortgage assistance and includes information required for evaluation of that request.
- CLICK HERE for more details on acceptable loss mitigation documentation and exceptions.
- Contact AHEAD for assistance with loss mitigation: 800-974-1377 ext. 1014
*Total assistance per households is $20,000 for all programs combined